When Hounds Fly is a positive reinforcement dog training and behaviour centre. They have two locations in Toronto: Trinity Bellwoods and Lawrence Park.
- Puppy Socialization – for young puppies aged 8 weeks to 16 weeks, prior to complete vaccination
- Foundation Skills – for dogs 16 weeks and older, including middle-aged and senior dogs (perfect for your new rescue)
- Canine Good Neighbour Prep Class – for graduates of Foundation Skills, seeking to earn their Canine Good Neighbour certification, become a Therapy Dog, or just be an outstanding member of the canine community
- Tricks Class – for graduates of Foundation Skills, looking to learn a bunch of awesome tricks, and as a building block to dog sports like agility or canine freestyle
- Rally Obedience – for graduates of Foundation Skills, interested in learning a formal obedience heel, and partake in this new dog sport
- Private Lessons – 1-on-1 training for you and your dog
- Behaviour Modification – Private lessons to help with fear, aggression, anxiety, and reactivity
When Hounds Fly use clicker training as the foundation of their philosophy. All of the head instructors are either Karen Pryor Academy Certified Training Partners, or have earned their Certified Professional Dog Trainer – Knowledge Assessed designations, or hold academic degrees in animal behavior. The tools they use include food rewards, toys, praise and clicker. They do not use leash corrections, e-collars, spray bottles, or other physical corrections.