Based in southern Ontario, Pomeranian and Small Breed Rescue is a volunteer-run rescue group providing care for dogs that have been surrendered by their owners, rescued from puppy mills, or are in danger of losing their lives in local animal control facilities. They are a registered Canadian charity operated by a group of dedicated volunteers committed to rescuing, rehabilitating and rehoming Pomeranian and other small breed dogs.
Since its creation in 2001 Pomeranian and Small Breed Rescue has successfully placed over 600 dogs in loving forever homes. They have over forty active volunteers who donate their time, energy and individual expertise to foster, transport, groom, train and promote the many deserving dogs in our rescue.
Pomeranian and Small Breed Rescue is not a shelter. All of their dogs stay in foster homes where they have the run of the house and live as though they are a permanent part of the family that they are staying with. This helps the rescue determine the dog’s personality and needs so that they can work with them to address any behavioural or medical requirements.
All adoption fees and donations go directly to the veterinary care of the dogs.
- Fill out online application form. Only applicants from Southern Ontario will be processed.
- Adoption Coordinator will contact your personal and vet references
- Volunteer will conduct a house check.
- Organization will try to find a dog to match your lifestyle, family, etc.
- You meet the dog at their foster home. You must be willing to drive to anywhere within a 3 hour radius of Hamilton to meet the dog.
- Congratulations! If the foster parent feels that you are a good match, you sign the adoption contract and go home with your new dog.