Tottenham, ON | 905.936.6691
Westies in Need is a Canadian Registered Not for Profit group that provides rescue, fostering, transport, medical attention and adoption services for surrendered, abused, abandoned, neglected, and/or homeless West Highland White Terriers in Ontario and Quebec. They are the largest Westie rescue organization in Canada.
Their mission is to: rescue Westies, get immediate medical attention to those in need, foster Westies in a safe, attentive environment, find them loving and forever homes and to also educate the general public to the need for spaying and neutering dogs and the perils of puppy mills. They advocate an end to the operation of puppy mills, pet store animal sales, and the neglect and abuse of these precious dogs.
Westies in Need has representatives in Toronto, Ottawa and Quebec. Westies in Need operates solely by fund-raising. We are entirely staffed by volunteers and we do not get any grants or funding and ALL funds raised benefit Westies in need.
- Fill out the the adoption application and mail or e-mail it Westies in Need. Your application is filed until a dog becomes available for adoption and a home visit is scheduled. All approved applications are kept on file for 6 months (They ask that anyone who applied to adopt a Westie and, subsequently, acquires another dog to please notify them so that we can remove them from our files)
- When a rescued Westie is ready for adoption each approved application is checked to see which one(s) most closely match the needs of the dog.
- The rescue schedules a home visit with you and your references will be called.
- The rescue calls the applicant(s) selected and arranges an interview between the Westie and potential new family.
- The best family for that particular Westie is chosen after an evaluation of all factors.
- The new family signs the Adoption Contract and provides a contribution which goes to cover program expenses.